The Big Blue Swim Team competed in their final meet of the season this past weekend in the Ohio High School Sectional Tournament held at St. Xavier High School. Here are some highlights from the team:
1. First, the Medley relay of Nicholas Cafarelli, Seth Vauter, Owen Bullard, and Camron Smith started the night with a second and a half time drop for a new time of 2:03.02. Splits include: Nicholas (29.05), Seth (38.86), Owen (25.12!!), Camron (29.98)!!
2. Jakob Moore had an incredible swim in the 200 Freestyle where he dropped another 5 seconds finally getting under the 3:00 mark.
3. Owen Bullard swam best times in the 50 Free (22.72) which secured his spot to Districts and a new best time in the 100 Free (52.33) which landed him 15th overall.
4. Seth Vauter dropped time in his 100 Free for a new time of 1:04.11 as did Camron Smith (1:11.64), and Micah Bridge (1:14.98).
1. Gabbie Wright swam 2 incredible distance events on Saturday, the 200 Free and the 500 Free where she dropped insane amounts of time. In the 200, she dropped 3 and a half seconds and in the 500 she dropped a whopping 12 seconds.
2. Joyce Meyer came ready to compete where she dropped 13 seconds in the 200 Free which is outstanding.
3. In the 100 Free, Crystal Lawrence was determined to swim under 1:00 and she did for a new time of 59.84.
4. The Girl’s 200 Free Relay had a goal of going under 2:00 with a new time of 1:59.99. Way to go Sophia Mignery, Aryonna Blue, Lindsey Flenner, and Crystal Lawrence!
5. The Breaststroke duo of Meghan Garry and Sophia Mignery rounded out the night with two awesome swims where each girl dropped time. Meghan for a new time of 1:30.73 and Sophia with a new time of 1:20.62.